Right Servers Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) regulates the use of any hosting services, hosting solutions, cloud services, and other hosting related services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Right Servers Inc., its suppliers, brands, and affiliates (“Right Servers”). This AUP is an important component of your agreement with Right Servers and is included into the conditions on which Right Servers grants you the right to access or use the Services by reference. Acceptance of this AUP is implied by your access to or use of the Services. Right Servers maintains the right to modify this AUP at any time, and such revisions shall take immediate effect upon publication of the updated AUP or upon communication of the changed AUP to you.
The goal of this AUP is to provide standards for users’ anticipated behavior when using the Services, as well as the sorts of activities and content that are inconsistent with Right Servers’ mission and values. This AUP is designed to safeguard Right Servers’ Services, employees, and customers, as well as end users, against improper, inappropriate, abusive, or unlawful behaviour. Right Servers has the right to suspend or cancel your access to and use of the Services if it thinks you have violated this AUP.
Responsibility and Prohibited Use
You are accountable for the actions of your agents, representatives, and end users (“Users”) and must ensure that they adhere to this AUP. The Services shall be used solely for legitimate business and commercial purposes, and you shall not use the Services for any activities that Right Servers, in its sole discretion, deems to be illegal, offensive, abusive, or that interferes with or adversely affects the Services or their use (including deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks), or that exposes Right Servers to criminal or civil liability.
The following are some instances of restricted behaviors, however this is by no means a complete list. You and your Users agree not to use the Services for the following purposes:
- hacking, phishing, spamming, scamming, identity theft, fraud, forgery, deceit, virus or malware distribution, network assaults, or interfering with the use of the Services by another user. It is completely prohibited to use the Right Servers service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or mass e-mail. Violations of this nature will immediately suspend the offending Right Servers account pending verification of its origin.
- Access to, surveillance of, acquisition of, or use of data, systems, or networks that is not allowed. The use of Right Servers’ servers to get access to or attempt to gain access to other people’s accounts, or to penetrate or even attempt to infiltrate our own or another entity’s security measures, is strictly banned. Additionally, this would be cause for immediate suspension or termination.
- Transmitting, distributing, or storing illegal or fraudulent information or material, or information or material that infringes or violates any privacy, intellectual property, publicity, or other personal rights, including but not limited to any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary right. Making fraudulent promises to sell or acquire things, items, or services, or advancing any form of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “ponzi schemes,” or “chain letters” using the Right Servers service. It is prohibited to use the Right Servers service to link to unlicensed copyrighted material.
- Engaging in objectionable behavior such as harassing or communicating or publishing information that is obscene, libelous, threatening, abusive, promotes violence, or breaches a law, regulation, or public policy. Utilization of the Right Servers service to transmit any content that harasses someone (through e-mail, uploading, publishing, or otherwise).
- Subscribers to Right Servers shall be held liable and responsible for any action conducted by third parties using their account that violates the Acceptable Use Policy’s rules.
- Remote reboot ports are featured as a standard feature in a number of our solutions. However, its usage is accompanied with a warning that details the possible hazards of improper use. Ignoring this notice is against our acceptable usage policy and may result in the cancellation of your server. Using your remote reboot option on a live server or frequently within a short period of time voids any potential hardware replacement required to bring your server back up and disables this functionality for that server. Your password is the means through which you get access to your account. It is entirely up to you to keep your password safe. It is illegal to share your password or account access with unauthorized individuals. You should use caution to avoid unauthorized use of your account, as you will be held liable for such usage.
Additionally, you and your Users are required to comply with all relevant laws, rules, and regulations governing your use of the Services, including data protection and privacy laws, as well as laws governing unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
Right Servers's Rights
Right Servers retains the right to conduct an investigation into any actual, suspected, or claimed breach of this AUP at any time. You agree to assist fairly with Right Servers in investigating and resolving any real or suspected violation of this AUP by you or any User. Additionally, Right Servers maintains the right to assist with legal authorities and any parties in investigating any claimed violations of this AUP, including disclosing the identify of any User responsible for such violation. The appropriate servers may employ technical safeguards to avoid AUP breaches.
Nothing in this AUP shall be construed as limiting Right Servers’ legal or equitable rights or remedies.
Consequences of Violations of this AUP
If Right Servers reasonably believes you or your User have violated this AUP, Right Servers may immediately suspend your Services, cancel your agreement with Right Servers, and/or block any traffic that Right Servers reasonably believes is in violation of this AUP. Along with any other remedies available to Right Servers, it may charge you its usual hourly rate, appropriate legal costs, and the cost of equipment and material necessary to investigate, react to, and correct any violations of this AUP.
Right Servers has no obligation to monitor user activity and disclaims all liability for any User’s misuse of the Services. Right Servers is not liable for any content or information generated, stored, maintained, communicated, or accessible on or via the Services by Users or other third parties, and is not required to monitor or exercise editorial control over such material. Right Servers may, but is not compelled to, prevent access to such information if it becomes aware that it violates this AUP and/or exposes Right Servers to legal or criminal responsibility. Unless expressly specified differently in this AUP, Right Servers disclaims any liability to any individual who has not entered into a contract with Right Servers for the use of the Services.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF RIGHT SERVERS AUP
Right Servers urges that anybody with knowledge about a possible violation of this AUP contact the Abuse Department at email@example.com.
REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Right Servers reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our Terms of Service (TOS) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our Terms of Service (TOS).